Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Source of My Joy

Alright, here we go! I'm doing it. I'm going to attempt to keep a blog.

My name is Elder Tim Hansen, and I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Washington DC area. I'm joining thousands of others in dedicating my time and talents to sharing what has made me happy: the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There are many other missionaries who have also "gone digital," and there are many more to come. My blog will be one of many coming from missionaries. I don't know if what I have to share will be extremely unique or different from other missionary blogs. It may not be the most exciting, or the most cleverly written. But I've decided to do this, in hopes that I can share something that will help YOU find happiness. Because that's my calling.

The title I chose for this blog is "A state of never-ending happiness." That statement comes from a verse of scripture, found in the Book of Mormon:

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."-Mosiah 2:41

I love this idea. Or this truth, rather. Never-ending happiness. I feel like that's what we're all searching for. It's this "pursuit of happiness" that we're all on. Each person on earth wants that, simply put. We want happiness. We want peace. Well, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the source of all that! It's the source of ALL happiness. I know that's true. The search is over. It is found here.

If you want real, genuine, pure, lasting joy, the only place you can find it is in this gospel. There are counterfeits and cheap imitations out there. They're easier to find and easier to get. But they won't last. I know that's true. I've found this "never-ending happiness" that King Benjamin was talking about. And I know you can too.

My vision for this blog isn't completely clear at this point. I don't really know exactly what it'll turn out to be. I don't know how often I'll be able to update it, or how I'll chose subjects, etc. I've never done this before; I'm a rookie blogger ;) But I figure it'll all unfold as we go. But what I've said I know is true. It has come from my heart. Thank YOU for taking the time to listen :)

4 comments:

  1. yay! so glad you're doing a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! Great first post! seems like you know what you're doing Elder Hansen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom and Claudia! You're nice:) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, I just read your blog, and it is so inspiring!!! I can feel your passion for missionary work. I think that doing a blog is a fabulous idea, and you are such a great writer. It will be fun to read. You're doing awesome, I love your letters.

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete